Patients can expect the same high quality of care at our Coastal Urgent Care in Wall, NJ, that they expect from an emergency room or a family practice. However, visiting an urgent care has advantages over ERs and family practices. The following are some of the benefits that you’ll be able to take advantage of when visiting our urgent care:
- Urgent cares provide more comprehensive services than a family doctors – You can receive all of the medical care and treatment at an urgent care that you would normally receive at a family practice, from basic checkups to physicals to immunizations and much more. The difference is that you also can receive emergency medical care for injuries that aren’t life-threatening; for example, if you’ve broken a leg.
- You won’t have to wait as long – Visiting an ER for an emergency that isn’t life-threatening can result in long waits. This is because ERs don’t serve on a first-come, first-serve basis; they treat patients based on the severity of their medical issues. It generally doesn’t take nearly as long to be seen if you visit an urgent care facility.
- You don’t need to make an appointment – Trying to make an appointment at a family practice can be difficult if it has a lot of patients and your schedule isn’t very flexible. Urgent care facilities do not require appointments, which means that you can come in at your earliest convenience.
- The hours are more flexible – Most family practices have basic 9-to-5 business hours and aren’t open on weekends. Our urgent care is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays as well as 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends.
- Urgent care visits cost less – ER visits can be incredibly expensive. Visiting an urgent care is much less expensive, especially when it comes to treating medical issues that aren’t life-threatening. Here at Coastal Urgent Care, we also accept many different insurance plans.
As you can see, there are many benefits to visiting an urgent care instead of going to the ER or waiting for an appointment at a family practice. If you need quick, convenient and high-quality medical care, contact us at Coastal Urgent Care, or simply stop in at our urgent care in Wall, NJ, at your convenience