Conveniently located and open seven days a week, Coastal Urgent Care offers walk-in physical exams with no appointment needed. Whether your child is preparing for sports or camp or needs a high school physical exam, our experienced health care professionals will make sure they’re healthy and ready for any activity.
Sports physicals are often required by schools and athletic leagues — making sure your child is okay to play can help identify and prevent injuries and conditions that may end up keeping them on the sidelines. When conducting a sports physical, our physicians will:
- Review your child’s medical history to learn about any past illnesses, surgeries, or conditions like asthma that could affect their health and physical performance
- Check their vitals such as heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature and document their weight and height
- Examine your child’s heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose and throat
- Do a short fitness assessment to evaluate your child’s cardiovascular health and recommend any limitations on physical activity
- Perform a joint, strength and flexibility check to identify any effects of past injuries or areas that may be prone to injury. We may also recommend exercises to build strength and maintain a healthy body
It’s important to note that some athletic leagues require your child’s immunization record before they can participate a new sport.
Compassionate, High-Quality Medical Care And Treatment
Our experienced team understands that children and teens are often reticent about sharing any physical issues they may be experiencing. We are committed to creating solid, long-lasting relationships built on trust and understanding and are dedicated to providing compassionate quality care to all of our patients. We look forward to helping your family along the road to optimal health.
To learn more about sports and high school physical exams, contact Coastal Urgent Care at 732-280-2600. For your convenience, in addition to routine physicals we offer top-notch medical care for acute illnesses and injuries and on-site X-rays and lab services with no appointment necessary.